Thursday, April 9, 2015

u choose what u want

I'm posting this but I'll probably get a lot of weird looks tomorrow and get ridiculed cause of all this mushiness. But well YOLO.

Hall command just ended awhile ago. It lasted for coming 5h. It was a good heartwarming experience. The performances, some were simple, some were extravagant, all were full of effort and heart. Within that few hours it made me question my choices in hall. It made me regret and it nearly made me tear. I'm a sucker for such sentimental stuff. Now I'm typing this on my computer rather than on my phone, I'm expecting it to be quite long as I'll be typing nearly everything that was in my mind just now. To the FYFs who put up such a good performance and were such good sports you did an awesome job. They all gave up so much time of their 3/4 years in university and I admire them for what they have done for KR.

Do I regret the choices I made in KR, such as not joining in much hall activities? Yes. If I could do it all again, I would just go for all trials, auditions and interviews and just see how everything goes. At least then I won't have any excuse for saying I didn't try. Even if choir will probably chase me out after 10 seconds and ban me from ever singing. Dance will probably just see an awkward moving person. :)

To the seniors, FYFs included, thank you for anything and everything. The slightest gestures like coming to talk to me like when I stood at the side being awkward were really appreciated. I still remember the first day in KR when we were all queueing in that friggin long queue. The people that I could remember that were in that queue were zheng gang, hong liang and michelle. Michelle did scare me then, but the little interactions around hall made me think...yeah she is scary but she is also nice. I will remember teaching her how to serve a ball in table tennis and how she got pekcek and ask told me to just skip service and continue with other stuff :). Zheng gang was so so friendly and nice when I just got into B block and it made me feel so welcomed. Sophie who appears to be such a quiet person and totally didn't strike me as a hall person is heritage chair! And since I've never mentioned yet, KR day was awesome! Totally good job! Pakkee who tried to get information about my past dating(which is nothing) during night cycling, will forever be the most fabulous empress dowager that will make me laugh when that finger thingy that you wear appear :). Weekee who was a familiar face during breakfast and had came from the same jc and sec sch as me. Jaymond who was my angel during angel and mortal, thank you for the little snacks, apparently you phantomed more than me till I didn't even see you. Jia nan who had to put up with me during flag day period. Han who is also so friendly and made me feel included and seems to be always happy, other than when he wakes up. I remember seeing his bed hair when the lift passed 3rd floor, it's bad. Hiu sheung who I met during IBG period will always be a nice and comfortable person to talk to, yet always be so blur. To all seniors, the friendliest people you can ever find, thank you.

To the 7th floorers, last semester and this, just thank you for being there. Haoqing my crazy neighbour whose room is currently very dirty, thank you for providing the high energy that I lack to the floor. Huimin who made the effort to come talk to me when my days in KR just started. Joy who is even more phantom than me, her presence will always be known when she's in. Thanks for screaming when I drag you to block dinner. Therese whom I was scared of at first when everyone was like "what floor are you?" "7th" "ohh therese". But you'll soon see her as a elder sister figure. Even though 7 people on the 7th floor is very little you guys made it right.

To the freshies, thank you for all your effort. I know I'm not the most sociable person and I have phantomed a lot in hall, which I'm so sorry for. I know how it feels to get rejected when you jio. You guys are an amazing bunch.

To krtt, Serene and Mavis, thank you. Thank you for believing in me. You 2 are 2 unique and amazing people. Serene I'm sorry I rejected you when you asked me to join, I heard you were sad about it :) but so you know, I didn't join in the end cause you asked, it was another reason. A reason which I will make known today. It was because all the seniors were so nice and all made an effort to help me fit into hall life, if I had decided to totally phantom and do nothing I would be letting all their friendliness be wasted in a sense. So I decided to repay them for their kindness by doing whatever I can. However I am glad I made the decision to not totally phantom. I managed to meet 2 awesome and badass table tennis players that I can call now my friends. I do not regret my decision to go all the way to pulau NTU to see the nus team play. They are a team to envy. Mavis I never did tell you I was sorry. Why I am sorry? I know that you were very stressed out about the competitions but I never did my part as a vice captain to reduce that stress, partly cause I don't know how to. You 2 are so much more experienced than I am. I have so much more to say about you guys but I shall not. We need to meet for dinner or something. Do I regret not getting Master's list now? Probably yes but I still believe in the reason I told you, Mavis, why I don't want to get it.

To C block seniors and cherlock OG mates, thank you for making my first few days in KR be so eventful. You guys were the first few to make me feel welcomed.

To C block RF, Ivan. I never did thank you, I wanted to during the KR day event were we could write letters to residents and RFs however I never got to write it. I remember during IBG track and field my same old problem of not being able to breathe properly came up after I finished the 400m lap and I literally felt like I was going to die any moment, you came over and helped me to get me to breathe properly again. Thank you. I didn't forget.

To those who are continuing to stay next year, continue doing your best for KR in my place. Thank you for this amazing 1 year experience. There is a rumour that KR hall people are rabak. How do you define rabak? If what you mean by rabak is they put in so much effort and go all out in what they are doing, then yes, they are definitely rabak. It was my home away from home for a year. Even though hall dinner sucked and each weekend was like booking out of camp and I had to carry a lot of stuff home. This is the 2nd last week of school, I'll try to make the remaining days count. This is everything that I feel but can't say out cause I'll probably end up crying after the 1st paragraph due to me being such a crybaby.

I just posted this to fb, i dont know what will happen, cuze when u're staying in hall the very next day ppl will know what happened. This will be the first time i ever posted what is meant for this blog to my fb. All my most honest emotions are out there. Because i really do want to say thank you to all of you.


by the breadmonster:D ~i'd catch a grenade for'ya~ f(x)에프엑스. SNSD소녀시대. OT9. Powerof9. Ice Princess Jessica 얼음공주 제시카 – eoleum gongju Jessica. Sica yeolshin nim. P!nk. Ellen degeneres. CCHMSTT. 4HM. TJC. 26/12.

No comments:

Post a Comment